Van Gogh Appears in His Own Works and the Famous Paintings Come to Life
Van Gogh was not just a famous artist, but a real person with a complicated life journey. He was a person who wanted to teach us about love and humanity. Cartoons by Alireza Karimi Moghaddam show what it could be like to be acquainted to van Gogh and when looking at them, you are able to see his heart and soul for a split second.
Bright Side has asked the author some questions about his illustrations and is happy to give you the opportunity to see “Fancy Van Gogh” from its creator’s perspective.
1. “As a teenager, I loved the lifestyle and paintings of Vincent van Gogh.”
2. “For me, van Gogh is a symbol of a kind and loving man.”
3. “He has taught me color, design, lighting, and most importantly, love and perseverance, and I consider him my teacher.”
4. “These works that I have created are the least that a student can do for his teacher.”
5. “For me van Gogh is not just a painter or a genius artist, but a way of life.”
6. “He is not a frustrating, distracted role model, but a symbol of love, humanity, and help for fellow human beings.”
7. “As opposed to the traditional dominant perspective, I would like to have a different van Gogh, a van Gogh for everyone.”
8. “My cartoons show that van Gogh’s life was all about beauty and love. It may have had a bitter ending, but it was inspirational for the future.”
9. “Fancy van Gogh is to promote a ‘fancy look for the work and life of van Gogh’ where you can smile, enjoy, and learn.”
10. Now let’s just enjoy the insightful works by Alireza.
11. Potato eaters
12. Van Gogh on public transport
13. A cartoon dedicated to World Environment Day and World Ocean Day
14. Good Morning, Vincent.
15. When speaking about his future plans, Alireza says that he hopes to publish his book and looks forward to holding exhibitions in countries all over the world.
Van Gogh is not the only character in the author’s cartoons. He’s also made jokes about Frida Kahlo, Goya, Picasso, Gauguin, and Da Vinci. This gives us hope that in the future we will be able to see other “fancy” artists. Which one would you personally like to get to know better? Let us know in the comment section.