17 Times People Made the World a Lighter and Happier Place With Simple Gestures
Mark Twain once said that “kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” And in a world where people are absorbed in themselves more than ever, we need to remember that. Going out of our way to do something small but nice for those around us is way easier than we think. All we need is a willingness to give without expecting to receive anything in return.
Bright Side loves it when humans show their warm side and try to do as much as possible for those around them.
1. “Someone turned a stump into a little box of books.”
2. “Someone in my neighborhood knitted up some hats and scarves and left them out for free.”
3. “My grandma mailed me homemade cookies to college.”
4. “New tree plantings in my city are protected with small plastic coats.”
5. “Asked the movie theater if I could have the leftover popcorn and they gave me this massive bag filled with popcorn.”
6. “A gift from my son: as a carpenter, this will sit on my wall as long as I live.”
7. “I finally get to realize my childhood dream of being the house that gives out full-size candy bars.”
8. “2 blokes are throwing down all the balls stuck on the roof at my kids’ school.”
9. “Found this today in one of the movie theatres that was being cleaned. 2 dollars, 2 dimes, a pencil, and a lovely note.”
- The note reads: “Your place is awesome. That’s a five star. I like this place.”
10. “It might not be a huge deal, but the mailman leaves treats for my 2 pups once in a while.”
11. “A park by my house that not only has a book exchange but also a food pantry”
12. “This is how my niece thinks chess should be. In her words, “No fighting.’”
13. “Got back from lunch and my coworker had given my dog his jacket to use as a bed.”
14. “I donated plasma for the first time today. 2 hours well spent.”
15. “SpongeBob has been a big part of my childhood. Now my sisters bought me a perfect SpongeBob cake.”
16. “In Victoria, there are duck ramps in the harbor.”
17. “My friend being a bro to his girl by helping a cat out of a tree”
What is the nicest thing you’ve done or that you’ve seen others doing? Do you happen to have a free handmade library in your neighborhood?
Got some cool photos or stories and want to be featured on Bright Side? Send them all right HERE and right now. Meanwhile, we’re waiting!