18 Mysterious Objects That Left the Internet in Total Shock
It’s not easy to know everything; sometimes, we discover things we can’t understand. Luckily, there are people on the internet who can help us figure things out quickly. Here are some mystery finds that will totally shock you once you uncover their true purpose.
1. “Six numbered wooden cubes in a very old cardboard box”
Answer: It’s an old puzzle called Octo-mania.
2. “I found this odd set of disposable cutlery in my new flat.”
Answer: They’re clay modeling instruments or cake-decorating tools.
3. “What are these blue reflective markers for? They’re facing the field.”
Answer: They reflect cars’ headlights to the fields so that animals avoid crossing the road.
4. “Found at my house after a 4th of July party. The black part is plastic with a detachable metal cap.”
Answer: It is the bottom of a handle for (likely) a metal utensil of some sort. I have a set with a spatula, ladle, spoon, ice cream scoop, and pizza cutter that have ALL started to have their bases fall out over time.
5. “What is this thing? A metallic tool that looks fairly new. I’d like to know what it is used for.”
Answer: It’s a holder for a sugar cone.
6. “Metal object, carabiner attached, appeared in my backyard, left behind by either landscapers or pool guy.”
Answer: It’s for opening your pool pump lid. I actually have used it, used to sell pool supplies.
7. “Thumb protector, possibly, but for what? Found at a yard sale.”
Answer: It’s an antique butcher thumb guard.
8. “I found this in a parking lot where the taxis usually park outside of a train station. The small round circle on top is a magnet.”
Answer: This is a ball mark fixer for golfing. The 2 prongs go into the ground to lift the green where your golf ball made its initial crater. The magnetic coin (yours is missing) is, so you can mark your golf ball on the green, so others can putt without your ball in the way.
9. “Found on the dashboard of an old GMC. A Lucite-like material, with ridges.”
Answer: It’s a traffic light viewer. Traffic lights back in the day were mounted on the same side you stopped on, which sometimes made it difficult to see the light if you were first in line. This helped reflect the light from above, so you could tell when the light changed.
10. “My friend has found a bunch of these weird little plastic things while cleaning up the beaches in Maine. We have no clue what they are.”
Answer: These are aquarium filters.
11. “What are these metal curved ornamental rods?”
Answer: Fancy bookmarks.
12. “4 m high funnel with 3 outlets near a playground in Germany.”
Answer: It’s a 3-way basketball hoop. You can score, but you don’t know who gets the ball next. The kids love it.
13. “The text suggests that it might be a bag, but I can’t seem to make it work as a bag as there are a lot of holes which might cause everything to drop.”
Answer: It’s a suitcase cover.
14. “What is this silver metal thing with a narrow bridge and spoon-like end?”
Answer: Ear cleaners, use them to scoop wax. They are more common in eastern countries.
15. “This is a steel wire frame with 2 glass marbles. It was found in an old garage among various stuff. The marbles can turn inside the frame.”
Answer: It’s a razor blade sharpener.
16. “What are these objects on the straps of my rucksack for?”
Answer: It’s used to pull and to make a more relaxing/convenient way to walk when you put your thumbs in.
17. “Little door/cupboard next to our side door leading down to the basement. The house was built in the late 1940s.”
Answer: When milk used to get delivered, it was put in there.
18. ’’It’s hard and plastic. What is it?!’’
Answer: ’’Well, it used to be a drinking cup or insert that got melted in a dishwasher.’’