What Clothes Women Need to Choose for 5 Non-Standard Leg Shapes
Trends are tempting and some of us may be seduced by them even if they don’t fit us. Leggings, kitten heels, and babydoll dresses can even spoil your figure and show your legs from a less attractive side. But most trends can still be followed if we just listen to these simple tips.
We at Bright Side also have different occasions to attend in our everyday lives and we got curious about how to fix the little details, so our clothes show us in the best light. Here you can find some nice tips that can be useful for you too and a bonus at the end of the article.
1. If you have very thin legs
Many women dream of having thin legs, but sometimes we still need to balance the upper and lower body. So, here are some tips that you can use if you want to show your legs:
- Avoid chunky heels and thick wedges because they may look too massive on you.
- Choose a heel with a rounded toe because A pointed toe can make your legs look too sharp.
- Knee skimming skirts and dresses are good for you.
- Pick clothes that help create the illusion of looking curvier in your thighs. It could be peplum dresses and skirts or with pleats and pockets. They can provide some extra volume around the hip area.
- A-line skirts and dresses are also nice for your leg shape.
2. If you have sharp knees or legs that are too pale or scarred
There are some details that it’s better to hide because they can distract a lot from our overall look. For example, sharp knees, very pale legs, and scars. Stockings could be a solution, but in the hot summer, they are not really an option. Instead, you can try these tips:
- Your skirt should cover your kneecaps.
- Wear a floaty skirt or dress.
- Avoid short skirts and dresses with a lot of pattern and details.
- Avoid dark shoes if your legs are too pale.
3. If you want to make your legs look longer
Yes, of course, heels are the best solution if you want to look taller, but it may be tiring and sometimes not even practical to wear them every day. Here are some options that may help you without using heels.
Avoid dark ankle boots because they can cut you off at the ankle and make your legs look shorter.
If you wear a skirt without tights or a dress, pick nude shoes to make your legs look like one long lean line. If you’ve decided to wear tights, pick shoes that are the same color.
Wear high-waisted skirts and pants.
Avoid long, untucked tops.
Capris and pants that have been tucked into your shoes can make your legs appear shorter, so concentrate on wearing pants with a long, clean silhouette.
4. If you have heavy calves and ankles
Heavy calves and ankles are not a problem if you know how to dress and know which things to avoid:
- Don’t try to highlight this area by wearing straps around your ankles or ties lacing up your calves. A sling back shoe that wraps at the back is better for you.
- Pointy-toed shoes can visually slim and elongate your legs.
- Narrow pencil skirts can emphasize the size of your lower legs. Instead, wear A-line cut skirts and dresses.
- Wear dark colors below your waist and lighter colors near your face.
- Avoid flat shoes. A medium-height heel will look great on you.
5. If you have bowed legs
Bowed legs can be minimized by using the right colors and shapes:
- Don’t wear very tight pants. Instead, wear long pants with a looser, wider fit.
- Avoid straight skirts that hit at the knee. A mid-calf-length or a long flowing skirt is a better option.
- Wear pants with monochromatic colors instead of prints. Match your shoe color to your pants.
Bonus: Tips for all kinds of legs
Plain colors are a good solution for everyone. They give the illusion of height. If you want to cover any unwanted details, don’t wear prints. For example, polka dots can even make your legs look thicker.
Which secrets do you use that help you to perfect your look? Do you try to follow fashion trends or do you prefer to have classic clothing that can hide your flaws? Please, share your lifehacks with us!