12 Times Kids Sent Shivers Down People’s Spines by Simply Saying Something Truly Weird
Kids may be hysterically funny. But sometimes, they say some spooky things that totally terrify their parents and anyone else around. Anyway, there’s always a simple explanation for all those things, and it’s nothing to really be scared of or worried about. We just need to give the proper respect to the level of their imagination and creativity in everything these lovely creatures do.
We at Bright Side have found some real stories where kids caught adults off guard by saying or behaving in the weirdest and most unusual way they could imagine.
- I ask my toddler what’s in the box she’s holding. “Chaos!” she replies. “Chaos! Chaos!” I know she’s trying to say “crayons,” but it’s not like she’s wrong. © rachelle_mandik / Twitter
- When my oldest son was about 3 he asked one night at bedtime. “Mommy, I like you better than my fake mommy.”
Me: “Who’s your fake mommy?”
Him: “You can’t see her. She tucks me in after you do.” © labeille87 / Reddit
- While sleeping in bed, I get a sense that someone is at the side of my bed. I slowly open my eyes to see my 5-year-old standing at the edge of the bed.
Me: “What’s going on?”
Him: “They’re coming for us.”
He proceeded to walk back to his bedroom and go to bed. Around this time, we discovered that he was a sleepwalker. © Knockemd*dkidd / Reddit
- My oldest son used to tell me that when he couldn’t sleep, an old man would come and sit with him and tell him stories about cows and tractors, etc. Then we look through photos, and my son gets excited and points out the old man who talks to him while he falls asleep. It was my mother’s father who passed away when she was 18. He was a dairy farmer. © kyles05 / Reddit
- My 3 year-old-daughter was going through the monsters-under-her-bed phase. One night she tagged me in. After 30 minutes, I grew pretty frustrated. In my last attempt, I promised my daughter that there weren’t any monsters under her bed. She replied, “I know. Now they’re behind you.” © YeahLikeTheGroundhog / Reddit
- My daughter, at 4, was looking out the window and asked, “Where are all those people walking to?” I turned to look, and she was pointing to an empty cemetery. © beaglephd / Twitter
- Our 2-year-old told us they wanted to ride a motorcycle. We said, “That’s dangerous.” They responded, “Don’t worry, I’ll wear a helmet this time.” © CKaczocha1 / Twitter
- Last year, when I broke my leg, my nephew came to visit me and stay the night, and at like 10 PM, he walks into my room with a chef knife and looks at me (watching TV) and goes, “Oh. You’re awake. I’ll come back later.” He never did, but I didn’t sleep that night. © 13silverroses / Twitter
- A friend of mine told me that her son (who was 4) would tell her things like, “My Mars mom never made me clean up my room.” She asked her son some more about this and, apparently, they lived for 10,000 years on Mars before he was born to her. © rebble_yell / Reddit
- 4-year-old: “I like brushing my teeth.”
Me: “That’s good.”
4: “It makes them sharper.”
Me: *takes one step back* © XplodingUnicorn / Twitter
- 7: (silently sneaks up behind me and taps me on the shoulder)
7: (whispers into my ear) “Do not trust Siri. She doesn’t have eyes.” (Walks away)
Who needs scary movies when you can just have kids? © PetrickSara / Twitter
- When my son was around 4 or 5 he said, “Do you remember back when I was big, and you were little, and we used to eat lunch by the river?” He’s named after my grandfather, who used to take me to the river for picnics. © reneestewart_13 / Twitter
Has a kid ever said anything seriously creepy to you? What did they say? Please share your stories in the comments below.
Preview photo credit Coraline / Focus Features, labeille87 / Reddit
Bright Side/Family & kids/12 Times Kids Sent Shivers Down People’s Spines by Simply Saying Something Truly Weird
Share This Article