17 Pet Stories That Remind Us How Great It Is to Have Them Around
One thing’s for sure: pets are providers of happiness. From the second they enter our lives, the moments we spend with them seem like a roller coaster that never stops. And even though they aren’t always happy situations, without a doubt, our pets always find a way to make our day just by being themselves.
At Bright Side, we’re sure that, in general, animals are a source of happiness, so we gathered 17 stories and photos that prove this.
1. “I always thought I was a cat person. Then this girl appeared out of nowhere a few days ago and it looks like I’ve been wrong my whole life.”
2. “I did a photo shoot with my cat. This shot melts my heart.”
3. “I adopted a dog who was overweight and in bad shape. We worked hard and it was all worth it. He plays fetch now!”
4. “This stray beauty’s name is Spring. She has a habit of jumping on me and hugging me whenever I step outside of my house. I managed to take a picture just before she jumped on me again. I’ve never seen a stray cat that loved hugging as much as her before, and I’m thinking of adopting her.”
5. “This is Arlo. Only 8 weeks old and he can’t sleep without his stuffed elephant!”
6. “He’s not allowed to put his paws on the screen door so this is what he does.”
7. “My parents adopted a stray cat a few months ago. Turns out she was pregnant!”
8. “Woke up to Leonard freaking out and jumping on me, trying to lick my face at 5 a.m. (which he never does), before I realized the fire alarm was going off and there was smoke in the hallway of my apartment complex.”
9. “I hope this little gif of my dog makes you smile!”
10. “I’ve noticed that my girl likes to lay on this towel beside the dirty clothes. Moved it into my home office and she stayed there all day with me.”
11. “This is Floyd. He was born with cerebellar hypoplasia, which means he can’t walk too well. Today we found out he fits in my 75-liter hiking pack, so we got to take him on his first hike! He seemed to really enjoy it.”
12. “Spotted: the best passenger”
13. “A rare moment of my cat and corgi just hanging with each other, watching the blue jays”
14. “She visits occasionally and is so cute and sweet! She’s a hard-working momma cat that calls no house her home. I’ve tried to bring her in but she’s like, ’Nope!’”
15. “It was his birthday. Don’t let his expression fool you — he loved it!”
16. “She’s a nervous kitty and rarely stays within arm’s reach for too long. She gets her pets and leaves. For her to be this relaxed and this close to me is kind of a big deal.”
17. “This is, by far, one of the strangest cats I’ve ever owned. He had an obsession with wood and would often make himself comfortable inside of drawers as well.”
Do you have stories and pictures of your pets that you’d like to share with us? Don’t hesitate to do so in the comment section! We’re sure they’ll bring a smile to readers’ faces!