15+ People Whose Expectations Were Totally Different Than Reality
Having expectations for the future is a feeling most humans can relate to. But sometimes, those hopes get stopped by a reality check. Not everything we want will come true, but we can always decide how we want to react to those unexpected outcomes.
Our Bright Side team wanted to show you 18 instances where people were very surprised by what life decided to throw at them.
1. “I never imagined this would actually happen when I moved to Australia.”
2. “My daughter finally realized we don’t take her to Paris every weekend.”
3. “My Apple Watch was stolen, and my boyfriend got me a replacement this year that doesn’t have that same risk.”
4. “Ordered a custom family photo ornament. Received one with a random Asian family and photoshopped added penguins.”
5. “Took my dad to see if his first car was still where he left it, when its engine seized 40 years ago. It was.”
6. “My son was just born and he is already stressing about how he’s going to pay his student loan.”
7. “What I ordered compared to what I got.”
8. “What I ordered vs What I got. I ordered 6 sets of this.”
9. “My Darth Maul birthday cake ate too much cake.”
10. “Saw a pregnant squirrel for the first time today. I’m not sure what I expected but this exceeds all of it.”
11. “My cat caught a lizard and had no idea how to proceed.”
12. “When you ask for a golden retriever for your birthday and your boyfriend gets you this...”
13. “What my sister asked for vs What the salon did vs What my mom did after the salon disaster”
14. “My friend’s 4 year-old asked me for a drawing of Elsa from Frozen so she could color it.”
15. “My boyfriend told me ’Under no circumstances are you allowed to catch the bouquet.’”
16. “My first time visiting the Grand Canyon and this happened.”
17. “This is what happens when you let your boyfriend take the cat to the groomer.”
18. “Well... The Airbnb looked nice online...”
Which of these situations made you feel for the person? Has life ever surprised you in a totally unexpected way? Tell us in the comments about your experiences.