20 People Who Made a Perfect Match With Their Thrifted Clothes and Stunned Us With Their Luck
Buying second-hand clothes can benefit your wallet and the environment. Just by increasing the lifespan of one piece of clothing to 4.5 years, it could save up to 60 million cubic meters of water and prevent the emission of 160,000 metric tons of CO2. And some people are lucky enough to find beautiful hidden gems while helping to save the planet. Prom gowns, wedding dresses, and designer jackets are some of the things they bought at a bargain price.
Bright Side wants to encourage you to start giving your local thrift store a second chance, and found some people who might inspire you.
1. “I found this beautiful gown for $9.99 at my local thrift store!”
2. “Dress, earrings, and necklace all from the local thrift shop! Total: $52.”
3. “Went with my friend to the thrift store and he found 3 versions of his favorite shirt in different colors.”
4. “Scored this cashmere sweater and plaid mini skirt at my local Goodwill for only $9.”
5. “I picked this up for £5 and it’s the first dress I’ve bought in person since coming out.”
6. “Went to a vintage shop for the first time. Found this 1960s dress for NYE and couldn’t leave it behind.”
7. “Found a backpack a while ago, finally found the matching pants in my size. They were sold in a catalog in 1972.”
8. “Started a new job this week and thrifted the perfect Banana Republic wrap dress for work.”
9. “This vintage Escada suit has me feeling some type of way.”
10. “Got this dress at a local thrift/consignment for $15.99! Bonus: 75% of proceeds went to a local animal shelter!”
11. “My daughter wanted to be a fancy witch for Halloween. This $7 dress is perfect. She’s pretty excited.”
12. “100% silk jacket that found me at the local Goodwill. Now I can go out feeling like a rich chick.”
13. “I am absolutely insane over this ’60s coat! I was so excited, I’m 6’2” so vintage things rarely fit me."
14. “Found this dress at a vintage store. Thanks to my grandma, it’s now the perfect summer dress!”
15. “Today’s finds: Coat, boots, hat, and purse for $8.”
16. “This shirt cost 50 cents, but it’s priceless to me!”
17. “Girlfriend’s thrifted ball gown for $12”
18. “I built my outfit around these gorgeous 1950’s sunglasses I found!”
19. “This crazy Pop Art vintage sweater was just too cool to resist. The thing is massive!”
20. “Wore this vintage dress to a wedding. Bought it for $12!”
Which item did you find the most surprising? What was the best thing you bought at a thrift store?
Preview photo credit cassava_knees / reddit
Bright Side/People/20 People Who Made a Perfect Match With Their Thrifted Clothes and Stunned Us With Their Luck
Share This Article