An Illustrator Makes Comics About His Childhood Friend That Became His Girlfriend, and Almost 600K Followers Adore Them
From relationship quirks that make you giggle to real-world incidences that we all can relate to, Malaysian couple Jason and Ymei became the star characters of the Internet-famous comics — all by accident, in fact. Back in 2013, when they were still in college, Jason started drawing cute stuff to make Ymei smile or to annoy her, and now over 580,000 followers love reading comics about them.
Here at Bright Side, we invite you to take a look at the potato couple comics, which are simply made to evoke the best feelings. Scroll down and see for yourself.
1. This is what heaven feels like.
2. Self-made GPS
3. The sweetest kind of spam
4. In every couple, there’s always a short one.
5. Insidious plan, revealed
6. There’s nothing better than seeing your partner shine in their own way.
7. “I’m not crying, you’re crying!”
8. “All of a sudden, I have an image of her in a wedding gown...”
9. “Okay, at least singing in the shower is safe enough.”
10. “My little drama queen at her best”
11. When every minute feels like eternity:
12. Sharing is caring.
13. Math, equation level 80
14. Love is sneaking to share food.
15. “1, you’re like a dream come true. 2, just wanna be with you. 3, you’re the only one for me — 4, repeat steps 1 through 3!”
16. “When you come too close to me....my heart goes pik-pok-pik-pok-pik-pok...”
Which situation seems most familiar to you? We’d be happy to see your comments in the section below.