12 Foods That Can Help Balance Your pH
The normal range of blood pH is between 7.35 and 7.45, which means that it should be slightly basic or alkaline. However, in our everyday life, we tend to eat lots of acidic foods that can cause negative health effects. Alkaline foods can help you to balance your pH since they contain sodium that serves as a natural buffer against acidity.
Bright Side has made a list of the least acidic food products you should include in your diet to achieve the proper pH balance. However, before making any dietary changes, you should consult with your nutritionist.
- Cooked cauliflower (6.45-6.80) contains a bunch of health-promoting microelements and vitamins that have anti-inflammatory effects that can help you ward off cancer, heart and brain diseases, and even weight gain.
- Green cabbage (5.50-6.75) is rich in folic acid, magnesium, and vitamins C and K. It may protect you against the negative effects of radiation, prevent cancer, as well as improve digestion.
- Raw carrots (5.88-6.40) contain natural alkaline components that may help you neutralize excess stomach acid.
- Cooked beetroots (5.23-6.50) are full of microelements such as manganese, potassium, and copper, which can decrease inflammation and even support weight loss.
- Avocados (6.27-6.58) contain a great balance of insoluble and soluble fibers which may support your immune system, prevent stomach cancer, protect your vision, and improve digestion.
- Honeydew melons (6.00-6.67) are rich in potassium, fiber, and other nutrients. These components are able to make your bones and teeth stronger, boost your immune system, and improve your vision.
- Soybeans (6.00-6.60) are high in vitamins and minerals, which may help you lower cholesterol levels, relieve symptoms of menopause, and reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Cooked lentils (6.30-6.83) are one of the best vegetable sources of protein, fiber, iron, folate, and potassium. They are able to manage blood pressure and blood sugar levels and prevent constipation.
- Cooked peas (6.22-6.88) contain lots of protein, fiber, and micronutrients, which are really useful if you want to lose weight, boost your immune system, keep your bones healthy, and prevent premature aging.
Do you eat enough alkaline foods on a daily basis? Share your eating habits with us in the comments!