15+ Stories That Prove the World Is Filled With Love and Care
When the year ends, we always want to look back, remember the good things that happened, and understand that we had a great 365 days. In fact, if you look around, you will see that the world has a lot of people that are doing everything they can to make other people’s lives better. They do things that help people and animals, and it’s not because there’s something in it for them but just because they can and want to.
We at Bright Side totally believe that most people in the world are good and kind. It is important to be able to see good things and do them for others.
1. This nurse decorated her hair to try and cheer up her ICU patients over Christmas!
2. This boy brought his entire kindergarten class to his adoption hearing.
3. “My neighbor decorated the hall near the elevator with these pictures. He just wanted to do it.”
4. This dog’s name is Piglet. It’s blind and deaf, but it helps children overcome their fears.
The puppy named Piglet is a dachshund and chihuahua mix. He was born blind and deaf, but that didn’t stop him from becoming a real star. He found a good family and he became a symbol of power and bravery. It happened after an elementary school teacher from Massachusetts told her class the story of this puppy and proved that the positive attitude of Piglet helps him overcome his difficulties. The students liked the story so much that they even use Piglet as their role model.
5. Every time football player DeAndre Hopkins scores, he finds his mother in the stands and lets her touch the ball. His mother lost her eyesight at 17 years old.
DeAndre’s mother Sabrina Greenlee always attends the home games of the Houston Texans and she always has the same seat. She lost her eyesight when her son was a baby, but Sabrina didn’t give up and she raised 4 children on her own. Now, DeAndre is a very successful athlete and he really loves his mother.
6. These guys dreamed of having a dog, but the owner of their apartment wouldn’t let them have pets. Their neighbor saved the day and allows them to hang out with his dog.
4 young engineers saw their neighbor walking with his dog and they wrote him a letter asking for permission to walk his dog sometimes and take care of him when he is busy. The reply of the owner was brilliant: he wrote the guys a letter on behalf of the dog.
“Dear boys! What a treat it was to receive this letter! I am 2 years and 4 months old and I’m a Sheprador (a mix of Shepherd and Labrador). I’m very friendly and I would love to be friends with you. But I must warn you that the price of my friendship is 5 ball throws a day and belly scratches whenever I demand them.
We understand how hard it is to find pet-friendly rentals. I’d love to hang out with you whenever you fancy. Give my servant Chris a WhatsApp number so we can agree about a meeting. Looking forward to meeting you. Stevie Ticks.”
7. In Japan, a hospital for toys was opened.
The people in Japan felt sorry for toys that didn’t look good anymore, so some people got together and opened a special shop where anyone can bring their soft toy to get fixed. This is not some boring shop, you can find the website of the “hospital” and see that every patient gets the necessary medical help from “doctors” and “nurses.”
8. A farmer wrote a moving ad about his duck that lost its partner and is looking for a friend. Now, the duck has lots of friends.
Chris Morris from Maine wrote this ad. The thing is, a bobcat stole 2 ducks from him and now the survivor is really missing his friends. A lot of people shared this ad, and soon Chris got a reply that the owner of a nearby farm had a good friend for his duck.
9. “2 hours and 4 bags later, my local park is free of trash.”
10. Every week, this girl cooks free meals for homeless and needy people.
Ekaterina from Saint Petersburg cooks free meals in her kitchen and gives them to a charity organization that helps homeless people. She buys some of the ingredients and some are given to her for free in stores and markets. Aside from meals, Ekaterina also collects warm clothes. She says that she helps people just because she can.
11. A couple adopted 2 cats that were left in a box in a supermarket. The ginger brothers were named Ed and Sheeran.
12. Volunteers from all over the world are sewing special mittens for koalas that suffered from forest fires.
On their Facebook page, an animal protection organization published patterns for sewing mittens for koalas whose paws got hurt in the forest fires. In order to prevent infection in koalas, and restore the skin, they need to wear special mittens made of cotton or flannel. People from all over the world have decided to take part.
13. This little girl in China started covering a cat with leaves because she didn’t want the cat to be cold. This is the purest thing!
14. Some good people adopted and treated a sick cat that weighed just 3 pounds. Now, she is healthy and she weighs 8 pounds.
15. Animal defenders saved this exhausted dog from a fur farm and treated him. Now, he lives with one of his rescuers.
16. In South Korea, a kindergarten for dogs was opened. Experts take care of the dogs while their owners are at work.
Bonus: A tiger cub that was abandoned by his mother found a best friend.
Maybe you also know some kind stories that have impressed you recently?
Preview photo credit zloybublik / Pikabu