10 Celebrities Who Proudly Wore Outfits Inspired by Other Celebrities
Every year, whether at one event or another, celebrities surprise us with new and trendy outfits. But some choose to be inspired by outfits similar to those of their great icons, while others feel they can wear the same dress a second time with their heads held high. Whatever the reason, the fact that they dare to do this usually fills them with praise from critics and fans.
Bright Side found some celebrities who not only took inspiration from other celebrities’ outfits, but who also shined on the carpet with them.
1. Lady Gaga wore a dress inspired by Audrey Hepburn’s character in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
2. Nicole Kidman’s dress that she wore to an event in Australia was based on Audrey Hepburn’s dress from the movie My Fair Lady (1964).
3. Paris Hilton recreated one of Marilyn Monroe’s iconic dresses for her perfume launch in 2010.
4. Angelina Jolie wore a black dress inspired by Princess Diana to the 2018 BAFTA Awards.
5. For the Met Gala in 2017, actress Elle Fanning wore a dress similar to the one Princess Diana wore at Cannes in 1987.
6. For a performance, Camila Cabello wore a strapless dress with long pink gloves, just like Marilyn Monroe in the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.
7. Kendall Jenner paid tribute to Audrey Hepburn by taking inspiration from one of the dresses from the 1964 film My Fair Lady.
8. In 2021, Zendaya wore a dress very similar to the one Beyoncé wore in 2013 to perform at the BET Awards.
9. In 2014, Katy Perry and Riff Raff recreated the outfit that Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears wore to the 2001 American Music Awards.
10. Dua Lipa got wardrobe inspiration from a 1983 Diana Ross concert.
Which celebrity is your main reference when it comes to fashion? Describe the dress of your dreams!
Preview photo credit Gilbert Flores/Broadimage/EAST NEWS, Lucy NICHOLSON/AFP/EAST NEWS
Bright Side/People/10 Celebrities Who Proudly Wore Outfits Inspired by Other Celebrities
Share This Article