12 Smart Inventions for Pets That’ll Make You the Coolest Paw Parent
If you’ve ever worried about your furry friends sharing a bed with you, don’t worry. There are a surprising number of health benefits associated with sleeping with your favorite pup. Dogs are already being used as popular therapy pets! Just touching a dog releases soothing chemicals! We suggest you give your pet some love in return by buying them something from the products below.
1. Winter is coming. So let’s not forget about our smaller four-legged friends and keep them warm, too. This electric heater is temperature-controlled and can be set up on a timer.
- It’s waterproof
- Suitable for both dogs and cats
- It has 6 levels of adjustable temperature and a chew-resistant cord
Easy to control the temperature. It’s washable. My elderly cat (19 years old) was constantly wanting to sit on my knee when the heating wasn’t on, as she objected to the radiators going off. We weren’t sure if she’d take to this, but we didn’t need to fear. She loves it! Now she sits on her mat on her favorite pouffe next to the radiator in warmth and comfort. Much less expensive to run than turning on the heating! I wish I’d bought this sooner. Great product! @ AJ
2. This LED collar increases the visibility and safety of your pet while walking or traveling. Experiments show that the beam-tracing distance can be up to 500 meters! The lights can be changed to any of 7 different colors.
- Recharges via USB and works for up to 10 hours at a time
- It is waterproof and resistant to bad weather like snow or rain
- Available in a variety of sizes and colors
I love this dog collar. I obviously didn’t read it correctly when I bought it, as I was pleasantly surprised that there are different color options for the LED lights. You can also select a different color for the collar. It lights up pretty well at night and has a good, secure clip so that it does not come off like some of the other light-up collars you can get—we have already lost 3 others before finding this one. The charge lasts for a reasonable amount of time and is then quick and easy to recharge. I have also hand-washed the collar (without immersing the battery section), and it came up clean. I would recommend it and buy it again. @ Julie Rose
3. This toothpaste is good for dogs and cats to reduce plaque, freshen breath, and ensure a clean mouth. It comes in a poultry flavor. Volume — 73.9 ml.
- It contains no foaming agents, so this is safe for pets to swallow
- Apply daily or as directed by your veterinarian
- Also available in different flavors
Every day, my dog looks forward to having his teeth cleaned. It took him a couple of days to understand that this was a good thing to eat, but now he lies down and looks forward to it. His teeth are showing signs of improvement. So I am very happy. @ Pauline
4. No more mess! This cat litter mat has large holes that catch small debris. It has a non-slip and waterproof bottom and is easy to clean.
- This one comes in 23.6″ x 16.5″ (60 cm x 42 cm) but is available in a larger size
- You can open the edge like an envelope to pour out the trash
- It is also available in 2 other colors
The mat arrived in eco-friendly, recyclable packaging, and for a change, it wasn’t in a big box!
I had been using an old towel for the same purpose, but there was litter everywhere in the room where we keep her tray. This mat has completely changed that and does a great job of catching all the bits stuck in her paws! II was skeptical because I had been using wood fiber litter, which had been fantastic... After shaking the mat out, there is no visible sign of use that some are commenting on. In order to wash when it needs it, a simple blast of the hose is sufficient.
Nice quality product! @ Ben J
5. This automatic feeder is suitable for any pet. It will provide up to 6 meals per day and it comes with a stainless-steel bowl.
- This one has a capacity of 3 liters but is available in other sizes
- It can run on both USB and batteries
- It can even record a 10-second message and play it back when you’re away
We bought this for our cat while we were on vacation. We had visitors in the morning and evening, so it came in handy during the day.
It looks great and is simple to assemble. Because portion sizes are small, 2/3 of a serving is programmed to provide a sufficient amount.
I’ve been using it every day at lunchtime for the last 2 months with no problems! @ matthew
6. Help your dog get rid of chapped, dry, itchy paws. This natural paw balm has soothing, moisturizing, and anti-fungal properties. It comes in a 60 ml jar.
- It is infused with nourishing rice bran oil, mango butter, olive wax, and essential oils
- Suitable for all dog breeds
- Start with a pea-sized amount and massage gently into clean paws massage gently
I’ve tried a couple of different brands, but only this one seems to be making a difference. The balm really helps my dog’s itchy paws and my dry hands! In fact, I have also tested it on a tiny but painful wound, which I’m sure is not recommended by the manufacturer, but since I carried out the experiment on myself, I feel entitled to sharing the results. Within minutes, it took the niggling ache away. It also has a lovely, calming, natural scent that’s not too strong (which is great since it’s a dog balm). @ Fru
7. More than 35,000 people have already rated this roller as a 5 out of 5! It is easy to clean and can be reused an almost infinite number of times. It perfectly removes both pet hair and even fine dust and fluff.
- This semi-roll has the effective power of fleece and is covered with a material that has a static charge
- Just move it back and forth over furniture, carpets, or clothing (it’s better to move it backward)
- Easy self-cleaning: press one of the 2 silicone mats on the brush and wiggle a few times
Seeing so many 5-star reviews, I thought it was worth a try. I have been using lint rollers to remove cat hair for years. This thing works incredibly well! It picks up the exact same amount of hair as a lint roller would, but you don’t have to keep using a new sticky sheet on the roller. I have noticed that it’s pretty aggressive on more delicate fabrics (like wool or “fluffy cotton”), so just be gentle, and I’d imagine you should be fine. The cleaning process is also fairly simple; I had no trouble popping the top off and chucking the hair out. You do have to grab it out of the compartment, though. I believe the picture shows that you just turn it upside down, and it falls out. That’s not the case, but it’s not a problem.
I genuinely thought this would be rubbish, turns out I now know why it had such positive reviews. @ Josh
8. If you are a fish owner, permanently clean glass is possible with the help of this magnetic scrubber! The inside is made of fabric with tiny hooks that scrape away algae without damaging the glass. The outside of the handle is felt-covered, so it slides smoothly during cleaning.
- It has a large handle that makes it easy to hold when moving
- Available in different sizes
- It’s made of waterproof plastic, which protects the magnets from rust
Good size, strong magnet, no scratches on the glass. Works perfectly on a curved glass tank. Excellent value for the money and high quality. I was very surprised, as I was looking for the mag float, but this is just as good, I must admit. @ lml
9. This is a special leash for 2 dogs to prevent tangling while walking. It is made of rubber, so your dogs will feel free and comfortable.
- Suitable for all dog sizes
- Available in different colors
- Stretch length from 19.6″ to 31.4″ (49.7 cm x 79.7 cm)
I tried another brand of anti-tangle dual dog lead and was disappointed, however, this one is great. I have 2 dogs—one small and energetic, the other bigger and a bit slower. Both love to suddenly stop and have a good sniff around. Unfortunately, they do this at different times, so they often end up tangled when one stops and the other bounds ahead. This lead has a bit of a spring to it, so no more tangles. It makes walking a lot less stressful. @ LH
10. This stuffed toy is a simple way to keep your furry friends entertained for hours. It consists of a log and squirrels that you hide inside, and your dog taps into its hunting instinct by playing with them.
- The set is available in different sizes
- It is beneficial for the teeth of both puppies and adult dogs
- Can be washed in the machine
The best dog toy I have ever bought. My neighbor’s dog comes to me once a week, and I bought this toy for her. She plays with it nonstop for about 3 hours every week. After 9 months, it’s still intact, and she still loves it. Very good value. @ Dr Who
11. With this hyper-lightweight portable bed, your dog will be able to enjoy a picnic too! It easily folds up into a carrying bag. It’s soft and will work for almost any size dog.
- This is size L, 46.5″ x 33″ (118.11 cm x 83.82 cm)
- Can be washed in the machine
- A carrying bag is included
We use it on our patio and lawn. Our 80-pound greyhound has destroyed many blankets.
It’s good quality, soft, and easily folds into a carry bag, which looks something like the top of a sleeping bag. @ greyhoundmom
12. If you want your dog to feel both free and secure while traveling, you need Zipline. It is a restraining device that attaches inside the car and allows the dog to move around for safe distances.
- Comes with a removable and adjustable leash and 2 carabiners
- Works best with any dog harness that has an attachment point on the back
- Quick and easy to install with hooks
I am so glad I bought this lifesaver! My dog did so well with this! We had the best road trip knowing that he was safe. This device is made with 100% safety, and it shows! I originally thought I might try to make one of my own, but when you get this and see the quality, you will be relieved they did all the thinking for us. I am thrilled with this! We had a great trip, and I felt like a good dog mom knowing he would be safe in the event of an accident. @ Marianne Schneider
What kind of pet do you have? What is the last thing you bought for it that you’re very happy about?
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.